1. Notice your thoughts ! Are they Positive or are they negative ? Do you congratulate yourself on doing a good job or are you beating yourself up for not having done it better ? If your doing the latter then notice it, admit it and then your ready to change it.
2. STOP your negative thoughts ! as soon as you hear yourself thinking negatively say "STOP" or "OUT" very loudly or to yourself and tell that thought it has no place in your head !
Sometimes people use elastic bands to ping themselves when they notice negative thinking, because this hurts sometimes it can reinforce this new way action !
3. CHANGE the thought to a Positive one, whatever it is, just do it, just make up something and replace the negative thought with a positive one.
4. Actively tell yourself WELL DONE ! at the end of the day, every day, tell yourself you have done a good job, the best you could do with what you had at the time. Your best is good enough, life isn't perfect and neither are you, your best IS GOOD ENOUGH and thats final !
4. Reward yourself for doing well ! When you have done a good job reward yourself, with something healthy ! Like a nice cup of tea, NOT a pint of beer ! (Alcohol only interupts your brains ability to think positively or in some cases able to think at all !)
5. Practice this for 27 days and eventually you will begin to replace the negative thinking with automatic positive thinking and this will help you feel happier within yourself as a result.
Use this as one of your "Mental Health Management Skills" and you are on the road to recovery.